- Personal Use Only: Your access to the Site, whether a free trial or a subscription purchased at our Site's webshop, is for your personal and private use only and does not cover use in a classroom or for any commercial purpose. Your account is valid for a single user, and cannot be transferred or shared. If you are buying a subscription for another person, these Terms also apply to that person. For information about purchasing multiple licenses for use in academic or enterprise situations, please contact [email protected].
- Minimum Age: In order to use the SIMTICS Service and access the Content, you need to be 16 years of age or older. By signing up for a free trial or purchasing a subscription, you are deemed to be at least that minimum age. If you are younger than 16, do not use this Site or the SIMTICS Service.
- Currency: All subscription prices on the SIMTICS website are in US Dollars.
- Accuracy of Information: You agree that the information you provide to SIMTICS during any registration or sign-up process is accurate. SIMTICS reserves the right to cancel any account or subscription that it deems has been set up with misleading or false user information.
- Confidentiality of Information: You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all login information (username and password) that you use to access the SIMTICS Site. You agree not to disclose to any other person, corporation, entity or organization any login information that would provide access to the SIMTICS Service.
- Copyright: The Site and all associated content on the Site and in our applications is the property of SIMTICS and its licensors and is protected by copyright. You may not reproduce, upload, post, transmit, download, distribute or communicate to other parties any part of the SIMTICS Site, nor incorporate any SIMTICS material in any work or publication in any form without express prior written permission from SIMTICS.
- Free Trial: We offer a free trial of one sample module, per individual customer, for a limited period so you can evaluate the SIMTICS Service and decide whether the e-learning format is suitable for your personal study requirements. SIMTICS reserves the right to withdraw access from any user who abuses the free trial offer. If you are an educator and you want to evaluate SIMTICS for academic or enterprise use, please go to the Educators page to request a guest educator login.
- Billing Information: When you make your first purchase at our webshop, we will ask you for your billing details and credit card information. Your card details are held in encrypted form in a secure online vault by our payment processing partner, Direct Payment Solutions (DPS), and are not accessible to SIMTICS employees. For billing purposes, DPS will keep your credit card information in their secure vault and we may ask to you to update it from time to time (eg. when the current card is due to expire).
- Monthly Subscription: When you purchase a monthly subscription, such as a Basic Plan or Flexi Plan, you will be charged the relevant monthly amount when you confirm your purchase and then every month after that until you remove that item from your account or cancel the subscription. Your monthly subscription fee entitles you to unlimited access to your selected module(s) while you are paying the monthly fee. During this period all your study times and scores will be logged in your personal logbook.
- 12-month Subscription: When you purchase a 12-month Comprehensive subscription or a bundle of modules in a promotion, you will be charged the amount advertised on the webshop for that item. This type of subscription is a one-off fee and does not auto-renew after expiry. This type of purchase entitles you to 12 months access to the included modules. During this period you will have unlimited personal access to the items you have purchased and all your study times and scores will be logged in your personal logbook. Your subscription will expire 12 months after the purchase date, regardless of whether you have accessed or completed the module(s), and you will no longer have access to the modules at that time unless you re-purchase.
- No Refunds: SIMTICS does not provide refunds of any kind for purchases by individuals, except in the case of a billing error such as a duplicate purchase. We offer a 14-day free trial of one sample module to enable you to determine whether the SIMTICS style of e-learning is suitable for your needs. Before making a purchase, please review the module details including the Overview, Learning Objectives and Table of Contents for the module of interest, which are displayed in the webshop (click on the title of the module to see the detail) to ensure that the content of the module will meet your needs.
- Cancelling a Subscription: If you have a monthly subscription, you can stop your subscription at any time from the My Library page on your account dashboard. If you will have no further need for your SIMTICS account in the future, you can close your account completely by sending an email to [email protected], requesting that your account be deactivated. You are not eligible for a refund of any kind, including any pro-rata refund, regardless of when you cancel.
- Data Privacy: We collect personal data from you solely for the purpose of setting up and operating your SIMTICS subscription and for communicating with you about SIMTICS products and your subscription. We will never give or sell your data to anyone else for marketing purposes. When you are logged in you can view the data that SIMTICS holds about you in your account information and in your logbook. Regarding your credit card details, please refer to item 8 above. You can read more about how we protect your data privacy in our Privacy Notice.
- Disclosure of Data to Training Organizations: As described in the Privacy Notice, if you are accessing SIMTICS at the request or instruction of your school or employer, you agree that we may share your information with that organization including any instructors, administrators, websites and software that are related to that organization's use of SIMTICS.
- Support Queries: If you have any support queries, please check the information available on the FAQ page and in the online Tutorial. If you cannot find the information you need, please email your question to [email protected].
Last updated: 21-Jun-2019 CST